Pass with Paula – Terms and Conditions ADI - Paula Duddles
1. You must be a legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional category B driving licence. If a photo licence is held you must produce a code from the government website so the licence can be viewed. You must show your photo driving licence at the start of the first lesson. If an older paper licence is held, you must produce a valid passport as photographic identification. For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
2. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements and be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20 metres (66 feet). If you wear glasses or contact lenses to meet this requirement you must wear them whenever you drive.
3. You must notify your instructor of any change in your ability or entitlement to have driving lessons. For example any injuries you may have (temporary or permanent), any medical conditions (epilepsy) or if you have committed any driving offences liable to result in court attendance or endorsements.
4. Please note you are responsible for any traffic violations whilst in charge of the vehicle.
5. If you need to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 24 hours notice will result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor. Message by email or social media sites are unacceptable due to internet coverage. **
6. Your instructor will turn up at the pre-arranged pick up point at the time agreed and wait 10 minutes. After 10 minutes your instructor will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson. **
7. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time. However, due to unforeseen circumstances such as traffic hold ups, accidents, breakdown etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled (very rare).
8. Lessons must be paid for in advance by bank transfer or at the start of the lesson in cash.
9. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during your training. In the event of there being any signs of drug/alcohol misuse your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for tuition and/or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Please note the lesson must still be paid for. **
10. Should you fail to reach a safe and responsible standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users your instructor has a responsibility to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of all parties. The DVSA guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
11. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA. Lessons and driving test time will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the relevant documents for the driving test.
12. Sickness records are kept and training will be withdrawn if lessons are cancelled on a regular basis.
** The lesson can be paid for by bank transfer before the next booking or cash at the start of the next lesson.
Signed pupil: Signed Instructor: Date: